OTAGO CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS
Sunday 18 July 2021
Chisholm Park Golf Links – Dunedin
Organising Clubs: Leith and Civil Service Meeting Manager:
This event will be run under the World Athletics Competition and Technical Rules 2020. Section 1X Cross Country, Mountain and Trail Runs and NZ Supplementary Rules.
Entry to the championship races is open to both registered and non-registered club members and non-club members, but only athletes registered with Athletics Otago via an affiliated Athletics Otago club will be eligible for the titles.
- Separate results and team’s races will be declared for each competitive grade.
- Club Uniforms are to be worn.
- In the Senior Men’s grade the first four Athletics Otago Competitive registered club runners to finish will count for the team’s race.
- In all the other grades the first three Athletics Otago Competitive registered club runners to finish will count for the teams’ races.
- An Open 4000m cross country race will be held over the 2km course. Entry is open to both registered and non-registered club members and non-club members. No medals or certificates are awarded for this event.
- All entries and payment of entry fees are to be completed online at www.athleticsotago.co.nz by individual athletes who want to run in this event.
- Entries for all races close at 12.00 noon on Thursday 15 July. Entries are accepted for this event after this time on payment of a $20 late fee. Late entries accepted up until 10.00am on race day with the results convenor. Ages for age groups) are taken as of 31 December 2021. Master’s ages are taken as is on the day of the event.
- Athletes registered with Athletics New Zealand via clubs:
12 and under A gold coin donation or a can of food
All other age groups $10.00
- Athletes not registered with Athletics New Zealand via a club:
Under 14 $7.50
All age groups $20.00
Late fee $20.00
- Toilet and changing facilities will be available.
- Presentations will be held in the Chisholm Links Golf Club as soon as possible after the last event. Medals for the first three in all Championship events will be awarded, plus ribbons for the winning teams in each grade.
- The Otago team for the NZ Cross Country Championships will be announced after entries have closed on the Athletics NZ website.
Enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otago Cross Country Championships 18 July 2021
Course will be run in a clockwise direction.
BOYS & GIRLS UNDER 12 10:30am 2km or less
BOYS & GIRLS UNDER 14 10:45am 3km (1 ½ laps)
BOYS & GIRLS Under 16 10.45am 4km (2 laps)
WOMEN UNDER 18 11:10am 5km (2 ½ laps)
MEN U18; WOMEN U20; MW35-49, 50+; MM65+ 11.10am 6km (3 laps)
MEN U20; MM35-49, 50-64. 12.00pm 8km (4 laps)
OPEN MEN; OPEN WOMEN 12.00pm 10km (5 laps)
ATHLETICS OTAGO PRESENTATIONS – These will be held as soon as possible after the completion of the races for U12, U14 & U16. 1.00pm for all other age groups.